Monday, March 21, 2016

Reason for my absence...


Hey everyone. I just wanted to let you know why I haven’t posted and recipes or other stuff on here in awhile. On Friday afternoon, one of our beloved cats Smokey, passed away.

We had taken him to the vet, thanks to a non-profit organization. Smokey had lost a significant amount of weight and he had stopped eating just this past week. I stayed up all night on Thursday and I found Rose’s Fund. They helped us take Smokey into the veterinarian. He did a complete blood work-up, gave him fluids and pain killer. The next morning, we received a phone call, telling us that his test results came back that Smokey was in his last stages of cancer.

We knew he was suffering and had come to the decision to take him to the vet for euthanasia. The problem we were facing was we didn’t have the money to do so. But thanks to a family friend lending us the money and our vet working with us, we were able to put Smokey to rest.

My older brother and sister took Smokey to the vet. They were waiting in the exam room, and before the vet came in to do the procedure, Smokey took two last breathes and passed away. We went peacefully.

We are really grieving over our loss. We had Smokey for 14 years. We took him in when my other brother wasn’t able to take them with him when he moved away. We still have his brother Rufuss, who doesn’t understand why his brother is no longer here. We’re giving him a lot of love and comforting him and each other. Please bare with me. I don’t know when I will be able to start posting again. But I’ll try to do so soon.

Thank you for all of your support. It means the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment