Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Helpful Tips for Lupus and Fibro Patients


These are some helpful tips that I personally have been using to help control my lupus and fibromyalgia flares. Doing this has helped me get my lupus to go into remission. I am not claiming to be a medical health care professional. What may work for me, may not work for you. All I am doing is sharing the information I have at hand.

Vitamin regimen:
B-12 (60 mg) 1 tablet, once daily
D (2000 mg) 1 tablet, once daily
E (400 mg) 1 tablet, once daily
C (500 mg) 1 tablet or gummy, once daily
Aspirin (81 mg) 1 tablet, once daily
Fish Oil (300 mg) 1 galcap, once daily
Calcium (600 mg) 1 tablet, once daily
Vitafusion Multivites (Has A, D-12 and Immune Support)
Omega 3's (fatty acids)

Take these vitamins every day. It may take up to 2 weeks to a month before you see results. Depends on the individual. I know it's a lot to take, but I found this more effective than trying just multivitamins alone. But whatever you prefer to do.

Foods to add into your diet (organically grown):
Spinach
Kale
Chard
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Asparagus
Fresh Green Beans
Green Leafy Lettuce or Red Leafy Lettuce
Cucumber
Brussels Sprouts
Apples
Oranges
Pears
Pomegranate
Bell Peppers
Ground Flaxseed
Oatmeal
Olive or Canola Oil
Unsalted Nuts (peanut, almonds, cashews, pistachio, walnuts, pecans, macadamia, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds)
Fish (pink and coho salmon, rainbow trout, albacore tuna, halibut)
Dark Chocolate
Brown Rice
Whole Grain Pasta
Homemade Soups and Stews
Hummus
Beans (pinto, kidney, garbanzo, chickpeas, black, lentils)

Foods to avoid:
Alfalfa Sprouts and Seeds
Red Meat
High Fat Dairy (whole milk, half and half or fatty butters & cheeses)
Creamed Soups or Sauces (canned)
Animal Fats
Processed Foods
Caffeine
Saturated Fats

Healthy Beverages to Drink:
Electrolyte Water
Bottled Water
Sparkling Water
Vitamin Water
Coconut Water
Almond Milk, Skim Milk or 2% Milk

Beverages to Avoid:
Soft Drinks (any kind of soda, once in awhile doesn't hurt but if you can avoid it, the better it'll be in the long run)
Caffeinated Coffee
Juice with High Sugar Content

I am pretty sure I have covered everything that consists in my daily diet. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

© 2015 - Healthy Choices For Life

Please SHARE to save for later. Pass it along to others, you never know who may need it! ;)

Connect with me on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/corrinaleehealthychoices/

No comments:

Post a Comment